We know you have some questions. Over the years, we’ve noticed the same ones popping up. Here is a mini-FAQ that may be able to answer some of yours. And if you have a question that’s not addressed here, feel free to pick up the phone and call.
How long do I need to come for treatments?
You don’t need to come for treatment forever…although you could. Most of our patients conceive within 3-6 months unless there are serious underlying medical conditions that we weren’t aware of. Some take a little longer, some get pregnant right away. It just depends.
What conditions have you treated?
Acupuncture and Chinese medicine are effective in treating the following conditions (click on each for more information):
- Unexplained Infertility
- Amenorrhea – No Period for longer than 3 months
- Irregular Menstrual Cycle
- High FSH/ Low Ovarian Reserve/Poor Egg Quality
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Recurrent Miscarriage
From a Western Medicine point of view, Researchers from Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York reviewed studies and concluded that acupuncture enhances fertility by:
- Regulating the menstrual cycle.
- Improving blood flow to the ovaries and uterus.
- Improving ovarian function and stimulating the production of follicles and enhance their quality.
- Increasing the thickness of uterine wall lining and reducing uterine contractions to improve chances of implantation.
- Reducing stress and anxiety.
What happens if I’m not pregnant after 6 months?
If you’re not pregnant after following our suggestions step-by-step along with consistent treatments, there maybe hidden medical conditions. These conditions may be polyps, blocked tube, uterine infections, structural issues with uterus, etc. We’ll refer you to a Reproductive Endocrinologist within our network if you don’t already have one.
Do you ever have people who don’t become pregnant even with your help?
Of course! Everyone’s situation is different and it’s possible that even giving it 110% doesn’t equal results. Some of these patients will move on to IUI or IVF, and use acupuncture in conjunction with the treatments to ensure success the first time around.
The best advice we can give you is: Take daily actions towards achieving your goal. It’s the best way to ensure that there are no regrets.
Is acupuncture safe?
Yes. Acupuncture is used by millions of Americans every year. Acupuncturists are required to undergo extensive education, including detailed studies of human anatomy, physiology, and training in Clean Needle Technique. The needles used are pre-packaged and 100% sterilized. They are only used once and then are properly disposed of in labeled bio-hazard containers.
What does acupuncture feel like?
Many first-time patients are concerned that acupuncture needles will feel like hypodermic injections at the doctor’s office. They won’t. Acupuncture needles are hair-thin and flexible. Most people hardly feel the insertion. When the needles are gently stimulated, they produce a unique sensation that in Chinese medicine is called de qi. Patients often describe the sensation of de qi as a heavy, achy pressure, or spreading, twitching feeling. You may also feel an “electrical” sensation moving down the meridian pathways, though this is less common. Most patients find these acupuncture sensations deeply satisfying and leave the treatment feeling relaxed both mentally and physically.
What if I’m not sure if acupuncture is right for me?
You can absolutely choose to work with us virtually. We have two options for you:
- Practically Fertile™ Online program is a step-by-step guide on how to get pregnant naturally without needing acupuncture. For more information, please visit www.adriennewei.com
- Our Pathway to Pregnancy™ E-Consult is perfect for you if you’re spinning your wheels and need clarity and focus immediately. For more information and how to schedule, please visit the E-Fertility Consult page.
You can always call us anytime at 704-307-7821 or send us an email at email@example.com