Between 35 percent and 40 percent of infertility problems among couples are caused by male conditions, according to The National Infertility Association (an organization also known as RESOLVE).
Benefits of Male Fertility Enhancement with Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine
The following conditions can be treated with acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine:
- Low motility
- Poor morphology
- Low sperm count
- Stress, fatigue, depression, anxiety
- A recent trial published in Fertility and Sterility has shown just how effective acupuncture can be in the treatment of male infertility, leading to significant increases in the number of normal sperm and equally significant reductions in structural defects. Compared to the control group, motility levels increased significantly in semen samples in the men receiving acupuncture. While median motility levels increased from 32% to 37% in the control group, they increased from 44.5% to 50% in the acupuncture group. The number and percentage of healthy sperm also increased dramatically in the acupuncture patients. The median number of healthy sperm per sample had reached 200,000.As with the treatment for female infertility, each treatment plan will be customized according to each individual needs. A typical treatment plan may include:
- Detailed health-history intake
- Regular acupuncture treatment
- Chinese herbal medicine prescription
- Diet and lifestyle counseling
For more information, contact us at (704) 307-7821 or here.