It is no secret that Feng Shui is a huge part of my life, both at the office and at home. A lot of patients say they feel peaceful and calm as soon as they step inside. I get asked questions often on why I place certain pictures and objects the way they are.
Feng Shui is a 3000-year-old art form that originated in China. It is a complex body of knowledge that promotes balance of energetics in any space to assure health and good fortune for people living in that space. We know that according to Chinese medical theories, promoting overall health is the key to increasing your fertility potentials. Without having to spend big bucks on hiring a Feng Shui consultant, here are five quick ways to harmonize your world and boost your fertile energy.
1. Start with De-cluttering your home. Cluttered spaces clutter energy flow. Reorganizing and de-cluttering instantaneously opens up space for energy to flow through.
2. Use white or blue sheets for bedding. Bed is the ultimate symbol of fertility. The color blue is said to promote good health and white is the color of purity, like babies. During the TTC (trying to conceive) process, it is important to not clean underneath the bed in order to preserve the fertility energy flowing through the space.
3. Ask a few kids to jump on your bed in order to activate the baby energy.
4. Scatter these four items around the bedroom that increase fertility energy.
- Pomegranate is a powerful fruit that represents fertility. Place a picture or a fake pomegranate in your room somewhere.
- Paired elephant figurines in your room are also energy boosters for fertility since elephants represent fertility, good luck, protection, and wisdom
- Eggs, especially for women are considered lucky fertility symbols, place an egg shaped crystal, preferably rose quartz by your bed to boost your fertility energy.
- Place a dragon figurine on your hubby’s side of the bed to enhance his energy flow.
5. Last but not least, this is the most important. Go ahead and take a deep breath in and then exhale! Visualize your pregnancy and invite all the positive fertile energy in!
Even though Feng Shui is a complicated art, and we may never understand it fully, these simple things can still help to promote a peaceful and baby-energy charged home.